The Sponsored Projects Office (SPO) at the University of California, Berkeley is responsible for reviewing and authorizing proposals for submission and for interpreting, negotiating, and accepting contracts and grants for sponsored projects funded by federal and state agencies, foundations, and other public and private sources. SPO prepares and negotiates all subawards for collaborative research. SPO also provides resources for finding funding opportunities.
Key Policies and Procedures
- UCB Policy on Requirement to Submit Proposals and to Receive Awards through SPO/IAO
- VCR Five Day Proposal Submission Policy Instructions and Frequently Asked Questions
- Electronic routing and approval of campus proposals using Phoebe
- Jacqueline Barber, LHS, $2,478,972, NSF, “DIMEs: Immersing Teachers and Students in Virtual Engineering Internships”
- Carolyn R. Bertozzi, Chemistry, $2,387,504, NIGMS, “Metabolic Engineering with Bioorthogonal Chemical Reporters”
- Roberto Zoncu, MCB, $2,353,750, NCI, “Engineering Organelle Function to Rewire Cancer Cell Metabolism”
- Michiko Taga, Plant and Microbial Biology, $2,302,310, NIAID, “Targeted Killing of Bacteria in Communities”
- Daniel S. Rokhsar, MCB, $2,248,844, NICHD, “Systematic Improvement of Xenopus Gene Annotations and Reference Genomes”
Sponsored activities with industry and incoming Material Transfer Agreements are managed by IPIRA.