The Sponsored Projects Office (SPO) at the University of California, Berkeley is responsible for reviewing and authorizing proposals for submission and for interpreting, negotiating, and accepting contracts and grants for sponsored projects funded by federal and state agencies, foundations, and other public and private sources. SPO prepares and negotiates all subawards for collaborative research. SPO also provides resources for finding funding opportunities.
Key Policies and Procedures
- UCB Policy on Requirement to Submit Proposals and to Receive Awards through SPO/IAO
- VCR Five Day Proposal Submission Policy Instructions and Frequently Asked Questions
- Electronic routing and approval of campus proposals using Phoebe
- Fiona M. Doyle, Materials Science and Engineering, $6,021,420, Berkeley Education Alliance for Research in Singapore, “The Singapore-Berkeley Institute for Sustainable Energy (SinBeRISE)”
- John Ngai, MCB, $4,278,433, NIMH, “Classification of Cortical Neurons by Single Cell Transcriptomics”
- William H. Dow, IBER, $3,987,384, NIA, “Center on the Economics and Demography of Aging”
- Nicholas Ingolia, MCB, $2,353,750, NCI, “Molecular Basis and Cellular Roles of Translational Regulation”
- Aaron Parsons, Radio Astronomy Laboratory, $2,144,113, NSF, “HERA: Illuminating Our Early Universe”
Sponsored activities with industry and incoming Material Transfer Agreements are managed by IPIRA.