The Sponsored Projects Office (SPO) at the University of California, Berkeley is responsible for endorsing and authorizing proposals to and interpreting, negotiating, and accepting contracts and grants for projects funded by federal and state agencies, foundations, and other public and private sources. SPO prepares and negotiates all subawards for collaborative research. SPO also provides resources for finding funding opportunities, and helps coordinate application to programs with institutional limits on proposals.
- UCB Policy on Requirement to Submit Proposals and to Receive Awards through SPO/IAO
- VCR Five Day Proposal Submission Policy Instructions and Frequently Asked Questions
- Ashok J. Gadgil, EECS, $20,000,000, USAID, “Development Innovations Lab (DIL)”
- Fiona M. Doyle, EECS, $6,021,420, Berkeley Education Alliance for Research in Singapore “BEARS - Berkeley”
- S. Shankar Sastry, EECS, $3,600,000, NSF, “CPS: Frontiers: Collaborative Research: Foundations of Resilient CybEr-Physical Systems (FORCES)”
- Kristin E. Scott, MCB, $1,612,856, NIDDK, “Modulation of Feeding by Dopamine and Serotonin in Drosophila”
- Andrew Dillin, MCB, $1,541,568, NIA, “Cell Non-Autonomous Function of the Unfolded Protein Response”
Sponsored activities with industry and incoming Material Transfer Agreements are managed by IPIRA.