The Sponsored Projects Office (SPO) at the University of California, Berkeley is responsible for reviewing and authorizing proposals for submission and for interpreting, negotiating, and accepting contracts and grants for sponsored projects funded by federal and state agencies, foundations, and other public and private sources. SPO prepares and negotiates all subawards for collaborative research. SPO also provides resources for finding funding opportunities. If you have any questions, please go to the SPO Staff List and input the name of your department/unit in the search box above the contact list. This will enable you to find the Contract and Grant Officer assigned to assist you.
- VCR Five Day Proposal Submission Policy Instructions and Frequently Asked Questions
- UCB Policy on Requirement to Submit Proposals and to Receive Awards through SPO/IAO
- Phoebe Search (CalNet): proposal and award status
- OMB Uniform Guidance
- Sponsored Projects Proposal and Award Dashboards
- New to Grants and Contracts?